Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last Halloween


This is what you would call a Belated blog!

 Last October we took our kids to the pumpkin patch down in Saugus.  It was fun.  They loved running around and picking their pumpkins.  We took the train around the cornfields, it was kinda weird because there are just a bunch of different scarecrows everywhere.  Some cute, some not so cute, and some I would even categorize as scary.  Derek and I had to try and skillfully distract the boys when those came around.  But, sometimes our best was not good enough and Ryosuke would say "That's not nice huh."  and we would reply, "No, that is definitely not nice."  It was fun though, and Saugus will certainly see us again.  It won't be long now!



Evey was with us too but she was in my tummy.  It was cute; when the boys were picking out their pumpkins they picked one for Evey too.  







Ok, so two years ago I went to this same pumpkin patch with a friend of mine and for the two seconds that I turned around to take a picture for my friend, Ethan took off and we could not find him for like three minutes.  There were a group of guys standing at the top of this same pyramid of hay and I yelled to them, "Do you see a little blonde boy?!!  He has a dark blue shirt on!.." and so forth.  Those minutes were the LONGEST minutes of my life!!! I was so scared.  So, determined that this would never happen again EVER we came prepared with the monkey "backpacks".
Before I had kids I thought that the parents that put these "backpacks" on their kids were evil.  I would say to myself, "Their your kids, not your dogs!"  Now after having children I now understand that these backpacks with handles save children's lives.  Another lesson learned; Judging. Bad.



This is us on the train ride.  Chugga Chugga Toot Toot!
Wow, I don't know.  I guess you can tell I talk to kids all day huh?



Well, this is the end of our Saugus adventure, but before we go we must pick out a pumpkin for the Dojo right? 
 Don't mess with this pumpkin!  He is a Samurai.
He's got a black belt and everything.

No comments: