Thursday, August 13, 2009

Before and After

I once heard a story of a man who came home from work and asked his wife, "What did you do today sweetheart?"  In response to that question, she decided she would show him.  When he came home the next day, the kids were still in jammies and covered in dirt, the house was a complete wreck and dinner was not on the table.  He asked, "What happened?"  She said, "I took the day off."
Well, one day while Derek was away I took a morning off and I decided to do before and after pictures.  I think it is incredible how dirty an entire house can get in just a couple hours! 






Pretty sad eh?  Yah well, it happens, and unfortunately I don't have a before picture of the kitchen but BELIEVE me, it was not nice to look upon.  
But....
this is what every house would look like if kids ruled the world.  Thankfully, they do not, we mother's do have a say in how we
would like to live.  Now, I don't know about all of you,
But, this is how I like things; and yes, all of this was done after this mess happened.
I am THAT good:)







Notice the lights are on now.  Kids are in bed.  House can stay clean for a good eight hours.
Note to readers, these last two photos were not only added because the mess had hit there too, but also because my parents have not seen our house since we moved in.  They helped to paint it but they did not get to stay to see the finished product.  So, really; this entry is for mom and dad.  Love you guys!!  And THANK YOU for all of your hard work!

4 comments:

Wade said...

Mindy and Brent are sick of picking up after Gracie and me too.

Stephanie M. said...

Your house is beautiful! Congrats!

Stephanie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick, Maelee, and Eli said...

haha that's hilarious how out of control it was and then the before and after picture. Thank heaven for mommies and wives, huh?!