Friday, September 11, 2009

Sweet and Almost Missed Moments

I was sitting there feeding Evey, thinking about the little bit of cradle cap on her head and thinking about how the next time I give her a bath I'll be sure to use our special little brush to get it off and so on and so forth....... 
finally, it occurred to me, that I felt something at the side of me.  
I looked and realized while in the mode of thinking, my sweet little Tai Tai had, at some point, crawled up to sit next to me; and not just next to me but right up against my side. 
 As I looked at the back of my little boy's head, my heart filled with joy.

 To see him sitting there and to know that he chose to come and be by his mommy made my day and life worth while.  
Little Tai Tai is my joy.  He is the one that loves to come to me with books and he says "Pleasa read it."  He'll come to me with puzzles, "Pleasa do da puzzle wif me."   Or when he just needs help with something, "Pleasa help me."
He helps me to be a better mommy.
He helps to bring me out of my world and into the world of my children.
A world of love, imagination, and time.

I am so thankful that I was able to experience that sweet and almost missed moment.  

No comments: