Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Stitches Bandit has Struck Again :(

Well, it seems inevitable.  
Ryosuke is gonna get hurt.


This is the third time he has needed stitches within the last year and a half.

This little beauty happened yesterday while riding a bike, WITH TRAINING WHEELS!
Two stitches.
Luckily, he handled it very well.  We were very proud of him.
Believe me, I was not this casual about it yesterday. 
When I got the call to come home because Ethan needed stitches I could not think straight.  I literally got lost and could not think of how to get home.  I remember hitting the steering wheel and yelling out, "I don't know how to get home!"
I knew he would be alright it's just I kept thinking of the last two times he's needed stitches and how dramatic of an experience it was for all involved, especially Ethan, that I was just so sad that he would have to go through that again.  He gets so scared when he gets hurt.  He always asks, "Is there blood?  Do I need stiches?!"  To have to say yes to that question is painful. 
Anyway, like I said all went surprisingly well yesterday and for that I am thankful.  It's almost like it didn't happen.

This happened about two and a half weeks ago when Buki ran into our garage and jumped onto a couch we are storing for my sister-in-law.  On the back of the couch their used to be a metal spring that poked out.  He jumped on the couch and he got cut.
That spring is now covered with ORANGE duct tape and stuffed back in the couch.
No stitches this time.
We were so blessed in regards to this injury.
The doctor told us that he was very lucky; had it scratched his eye there would have been nothing they could have done.
Oh, it makes me sick to my stomach to think of how hurt he could have been.

Well, hopefully we won't have to blog about any more ouwies.  
To all those out there reading this I ask you to say a little prayer in your heart for this little boy.  It seems he needs as many as he can get!

No comments: