For the first time ever I decided to throw a birthday party at my house.
You know, cook (homemade pizza), bake (the crusts and the oops cake), clean (with Derek's help), and decorate (Derek helped me with that too)!
Lesson I learned was next year I am going to let Chuck E. Cheese do the work!
Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun, but, it was a lot of work! :)
It was worth it to see my kids happy.:)
Well, there are so many birthday pictures I decided to do this whole "birthday bash blog" in stages.
Stage One, the cake.
So, this is what a cake should not look like.
In my defense, I tried to make the cake look like the Autobot sign.
Oh, well.
My heart was in the right place.
Luckily kids are forgiving:)
He even gave me a thumbs up sign:)
Well, in a panic (regarding the cake) I called my awesome mom-in-law and she bailed me out!
Thank you mom!
This IS what a cake should look like!
Tai liked it!
Everything turned out to be ok. I am so grateful kids are so forgiving!
3 comments:
You did such a great job with your cake! I knew what you were trying to create by looking at it so that's a well done in my book. Glad you had a fun time!!
You made Buki's 4th birthday so fun and your pizzas were the best I've had! That homemade cake was way cooler than the store bought one! You don't give yourself enough credit. :)
you are such a cute mama! i love the cake well done and you know how proud he was of that and his mom. how adorable!
Post a Comment