Thursday, August 30, 2012

This Little Girl


Okay, so two days ago we had a little incident.
Evey made a bad choice and pushed Callen off of the couch.
She felt bad, she really did.  I saw it in her eyes. She felt bad.  She didn't even argue when I sent her to her room.  She knew she deserved to go there.
Anyway, later that day, Derek and I were doing things around the house and Evey was playing in her room, and out of no where she says:
'Mommy, we feel sad when we hurt people's feelings.'
AWESOME.
'Your right Evey, we do.  How did you learn that?'
'Because I hurt people, so I know you feel sad when you hurt people's feelings.'
OH....  WELL......

Derek and I kind of laughed.  
Not that it's good that she said she hurts people, and honestly I think she was just talking about hurting Callen earlier that day, but I laughed because she said it so honestly.
I was glad to know she had learned a valuable lesson.
I was also glad because we know she has a conscience! :)









3 comments:

Stephanie M. said...

Whaaattt?? Evey's JUST starting to push Callen around?! Kenna pushes Madi around CONSTANTLY!! Drives me nuts.

Naomi and Family said...

Hey Stephanie!

No, they fight all the time, it's just this time it was bad. In fact I believe there was a foot involved and a head hitting the floor.... But, this was the first time I've ever heard her express remorse. :)

Unknown said...

You are a rock star mommy! Seriously, she has a great example in you to react this way. I can definitely tell there is a lot of love shown in your home and she feels so loved.