Wednesday, August 22, 2012

These Days

Nowadays I get to spend a lot of time with my two youngest!
I guess technically the time spent with them hasn't changed, just the amount of attention I can give them!  :)
I love these two, and I miss and love my older one's.  
They are loving school though, so I am think we are all going to be okay.

This is daddy and Kenzo playing.  Kenzo came up to daddy and kept looking at him so Derek said, "Staring contest!  You, me GO!"
I'm pretty sure it was a tie..... 



It's so interesting, you'd think that with the older boys at school, and ALL the extra attention she is getting now, she wouldn't be so willing to fight Kenzo for my attention.  BOY OH BOY does this girl want my attention!  Maybe it's the new baby, maybe it's the age.... but I think she is feeling like her place is being taken.  I sure hope she doesn't feel this way for long, because she is my Evey girl and will always be my only Evey girl.  I love her so much, and she is always ALWAYS in my heart!  My favorite is hearing her little voice say, "I love you mommy!"  and "Cause we're girls!"  She says that about some things sometimes.  I love that she finds the fact that we are the only two girls in the house special!




She cracks me up.  I think it was Monday.... I asked her what she was thinking and she replied.....
"What am I thinking?  I am thinking about ICE CREAM!!"
She then proceeded to giggle.
I must admit, that I too feel that way about ice cream...


And, oh this boy!  He knows how to steal my heart away.  He stole it from the moment he came to this earth and I am never getting it back!  I don't mind.
This poor little guy has been under the weather a bit.  When he teethes, he teethes hard and it usually leaves him sick.  He's getting four new teeth all at once and they are two molars on the bottom, and the painful eye teeth on top.  He's got a cough, the runs, and who knows what else.  Hopefully it's not in his ears.  He hasn't been pulling on them, he had a slight fever two nights ago but it went away...  All I know, is between these sweet smiles, he fusses, and I feel bad because he is such a sweet baby and he never fusses unless he's tired, or in this case doesn't feel good.  I gave him a bath with some essential oils though tonight, then lathered him up with them.
Breath for his cough...
Melalueca for his ears....
On Guard for his immune system....
Digestzen for his tummy issues....
and last but not least...
I put some garlic on his feet and chest, along with a squirt of children's echinacea and astragalus in his mouth for good measure.
PHEW!  That should help him.
I also gave him a humidifier because his cough seems to get worse every time we go on a walk.  I think it's from the hot dry air.  
He really does seem a little better tonight (his cough anyway) than he was earlier and Daddy gave him a  blessing last night.  We will keep praying for him.  I know he will be alright.
Dang teething!!  Teething really does mess him up.

But look at that sweet face!  You would never know it!!  How I love you baby!




No comments: