Saturday, August 25, 2012

What else are us Crazy Morris' up to?


I'll try not to write too much, but we have begun a new chapter in our lives, and it's time to blog about it.  It's been six months, we have a lot of pictures, we've learned a lot.  I think it's time.  This is the first of a couple of posts from the last month and a half.

We started drinking juice and being distributors of Monavie in February.  We were extremely skeptical.  I mean come on, network marketing, community commerce, what?  A bunch of fools that never make any money.  A bunch of false hopes and offering crap people don't need!  How do these people live with themselves!  (A bit harsh I know, but that's how we felt....)

This might be true for some companies.  Maybe, maybe not.  Honestly, I don't know.  I've never been apart of any other company like this.
I can say however that I was wrong about Monavie, and Derek and I am now thankful for it in more ways than one.

Derek and I felt and feel beyond a shadow of a doubt this is what we should be doing right now.  We have things we are needing to do, and the dojo could get us there, it just would take longer than it should.  This kind of job is not right for everyone, but for us, it is our vehicle that I have no shame in riding.  Not after I've learned about our juice and other products, not after I've met the people I have met; those in charge and other fellow distributors I've had the privilege to sit and dine and learn from.

So, after getting all excited, and getting the go ahead after lots of prayer and searching, we ran with this, and we set some goals:

 *To get on the next "Gold" cruise.
 * To win the $1000 dollar bonus from our team.
* Get a free trip to San Diego to be trained by the President of North America and Europe (for MonaVie).  His name is Randy Schroeder.
* Get to the Black Tie Event

It took some hard work, but the rewards have been outstanding.  I've had so many "pinch me" moments.  We have gotten to experience three out of the four so far.  The last one, the Black Tie Event is in September.

Life is about the lesson's we learn, the relationships we are blessed to have and the experiences we get to share.  Those are the only things we get to take with us when we die.  I am so thankful for how enriched I've been able to feel from these things we have recently been able to do.  Here are some pictures.

This post is about goal number Three:
These pictures were taken from Randy Schroeder's home.






On our last evening in San Diego, they treated us to dinner at "The Bridges" golf course.  It was kind of fun to dress up and eat a nice meal with some very cool people.


This is Carlos and Dina, they are just one of the couples we have gotten to know and become friends with.




This is Rex Crain, he is a life coach/ motivational speaker.  He came and spoke to us earlier that day. We were seated next to him at dinner.





This is a nice view from Randy's backyard....  Kind of peaceful I must say.


We thought this training was going to be about "how to be a better network marketer"...
Maybe 10% of the three days we were there was training on the skills you need to learn...
90% of what we were taught was on becoming a better spouse, better parents, better people.
Doing daily disciplines..... Spiritual ones, physical ones, mental ones, emotional ones, relationship ones..  Things we are already taught and we agree with right?

"Daily disciplines, done daily, builds character." One of our favorite quotes that Randy likes to teach the distributors of this company.
He said, this business is easy, it's life that's hard.  If you can truly become a better person, the business is easy.
He made me laugh because he spoke of a few relationships that he'd had in the past with people that didn't work out too well.  He said, truthfully, the common denominator in all of these failed relationships, was me!  He learned then that he had to stop blaming others and their mistakes for the failed relationship, and change himself first, for good relationships to happen and for good things to happen in life period.  I can respect that.  I totally agree with that.

What I like about this guy, is that he is completely honest.  He told us some things about his life that he is certainly not proud of, however, he said he's learned more from his failures than his successes and so he teaches his failures so we can learn valuable life lessons and hopefully not repeat his mistakes.  Derek and I do respect this man and the life lessons he so freely shares, and are thankful for the friendship we've been able to begin with him and his family.


Free trip to San Diego goal...  Done, and done.

No comments: