Derek was putting the kids to bed and this is what I heard.
I thought for sure, there was no way that could not be documented!
We had a great family home evening on getting married in the temple and how they should make that their goals now. I showed them the "I'm Getting Married in the Temple" sign I had growing up as a youth that I had up on my wall in my bedroom, and I had them draw their own and hang them up in their rooms. They did it.
They are adorable.
I know it means a lot to them to go to the temple and to be sealed together forever!
It sure means a lot to me to have been able to do that!
| Top left to right: Callen then Tai, then Evey. Bottom: Mine. Just kidding. It's Ethan's of course. :) |
Tai guy is going to be starting a new school! iLead! We looked into it, love it, couldn't ask for anything more right now. It has all of the perks and attitudes of a Desert Montessori school but it's free. The only thing is, there is a waiting list and Ethan is on that, but Tai got in right away! No more Eastside Elementary for us. We have been thankful for the good kind teachers we have been able to get to know and love, and we can't thank them enough for their sacrifices, but we are extremely excited for iLead. HUGE blessing to have found a school this good where we live!
I can't remember if we documented Ethan getting his cast off, but, here it is again if we did. :)
It's off now.
He's very happy.
One night, I walked in to find Ethan had created this:
I thought it was pretty dang creative and cool.
This picture I love because it is just so Callen. He puts his little arm around me pretty much every day. He asks me to snuggle every day. Every time he asks, I do it. The only time I say no, is after I have already put him to bed (except for tonight, he totally won me over tonight. I got to snuggle and sing to him. It was nice and so awesome!) He yells out to me now and repeats, "I WUV YOU. MOM!" Oh, he melts me. I WUV YOU TOO KENZO!!!!!

| On this particular night we turned to me, took his thumb out of his mouth and asked, "How are you. Mom." I always put two periods because he always ALWAYS pauses before he says my name. |
Callen, Evey and Tai all have a birthday at basically the same time. Each one follows the other about a week later. (Hope that made sense.) Derek and I took Evey out on her birthday and that night we had dinner with Aunt Heather and Silver car Grandma and Grandpa. Anyway, we chose IHOP because if you buy and adult meal, the kids eat free. We have four kids, we needed four adults, and there you have it. A somewhat cheaper fun filled evening with family. Thank you to my mother in law for fitting the bill. Happy Birthday to us really. :) Evey was hilarious. She saw her bacon, took one bite and said in the most heartfelt way.... "OH, SWEET MOMMA..."
You can just see the adoration for the bacon in her face.
It. Was. Hilarious.
Don't know where that came from, but it was great, and we say that many a time in our house now.
Tai thought is would be great to do this for his birthday as well. Though Derek could not go with us as he was able to on Evey's birthday (Evey was still under the weather) Tai and I had fun at IHOP together and he was so cute!
Daddy ended up taking him to Cold Stones after this while I stayed home with the young ins.
We didn't do presents or party until after all three of them
had their birthdays.
We simply took them to the places they wanted to go with mommy and daddy.
That was our presents to them.
Callen was the only one who actually got his cake on his birthday though and he loved it. He of course wanted seconds! Evey sprinkled it for him. :)
These were Tai and Evey's cakes:
Tai had the fruit salad on top. It was a chocolate cake with red frosting.
Evey's was a red velvet cake with pink frosting. She wanted roses, I didn't do that obviously, but I did make flowers for her.
Though neither cake turned out how I had thought in my head, they were both tasty and moist, and the kids loved them.
They were happy, so, I was happy.
Tai got a really cool soldier set from Cat Grandma and Grandpa.
He and Ethan love playing capture the flag, and Ethan just had to get daddy in on it.
It was cute.
Tai being Tai Tai. :)
Kenzo, bringing out the heroes.
Don't know if I ever posted about the volcano we made but we made one.
Tai is in the box.
They all thought it was pretty funny.
I kinda did to.
Evey got new sparkly shoes from someone at the dojo.
Their daughter had outgrown them so they gave them to Evey. It was funny though because when Derek went to thank the daughter for the shoes, the dad sort of shushed him and then later informed him that the shoes were taken by the tooth fairy.
Hilarious!
It amazes me what we do for our kids so they can deal with life.
I thought it was cute. :)
She loves them, they are all sparkles and they light up when she steps. They fit her personality just right. Its sad though because she really can't wear them anymore either. Her feet were already too big for them, but we did squeeze them in for a day or two. How could we not??
And this stud....
Look at those skinny jeans and how his shoes match.
Need I say more?
We've been watching a ton of "Avatar, the Last Airbender" lately. My kids love it, and quite honestly, Derek and I love it too. It's a really great show.
For Valentines day, Tai said the Spiderman valentines just weren't going to cut it. He said he had asked them, and the girls said they wouldn't like them.
So, I made girlie ones. Nothing fancy, but I hand cut and made the girl ones all because I think Tai is super cute and I thought it was funny he cared so much about the girls and how they needed to actually like their valentines from him.
He's one with the ladies.
Tai told me, "Abigail is the prettiest one in the class."
I laughed.
"No really, she is."
These were the meals we ate that day.
Breakfast, and then dinner.

We made an epic tower. Ethan was so happy.
I feel it important to inform you all who are not following me on instagram that I ran into "Brick" from "The Middle" at Kaiser this last week while I was taking my gestational diabetes test. That hour was not boring this time. :)
And I am diabetes free just in case you were wondering.
Almost done.
Baby hands. I love them.
I have to duct tape his diapers right now. NO MORE POOP problems! :)
What's great is, he actually WANTS me to put it on him.
Awesome.
Great kid.
Last, but not least, I also love baby styles and little girl styles.
When they dress themselves, they dress to impress themselves. I love my kids!






















1 comment:
Great post, Naomi! I love your Temple Family Night idea (I may just have to steal it)! That's great that you are taking Tai to ilead now. I recently heard of that school...but I didn't even mention it to Jon because I have already had to jump through a lot of hoops to get Lizzie into the school that she's in (it's her second school this year). Maybe next year? Let me know how he likes it! You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment