Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So, This Pregnancy....

I am a little over 25 weeks now.
It's funny because three months away seems not so far away as it has in other pregnancies.  With this one it just feels like she will be here before I know it.  I have this sense of, I need to get things ready, feeling.  Time just is going by so fast.  Three months just feels so close.  It's a whole new person we are adding into this family!  That takes some preparation.  I don't even know what room she is going to go into yet.  I don't know where the girl clothes are.  I know they are in the garage, but we have Derek's brothers stuff in our garage and I don't know why, but I didn't think to move the baby clothes out of the way first.  I thought to move the holiday decorations out though!  One point for me!
Here I am as of twenty minutes ago.


I am a tiny bit paranoid about having a big big baby like I did last time... (Can you blame me?)
So, this is me at around the same time in the pregnancy with Callen.  I think my belly is a little smaller than last time right?  Right?
Then again, maybe I just stood a little taller this time and that made my belly smaller?


You know what, I REALLY don't care.  Though, the whole pushing out 10lbs, 12oz of Callen was a bit more painful than the three 7 pounders I had before him, he was the cuddliest baby I have ever had, and not only that, but seemed to sleep better than the others too.  I think there are certainly perks to having large babies so, I really don't care.  She will steal our hearts away no matter what she weighs!  Callen sure did!  He still does!

Anyway, she is moving so much more!  I think she had hiccups this morning too because laying there, I just kept feeling a little push in the same place over and over.  It is so fun to think of her having hiccups.  Though, I do always feel kind of sad for the dear little babies inside.  Hiccups can be kind of annoying right?  I mean really, they must think to themselves, "What is this?"
Then when they stop, they probably get relieved and think, "Phew!  Hope that never happens again!"
Then we feel sad for them because hiccups are just a part of having a body.
I could be totally wrong though!  They might think it's the most fun they have in there!

Okay, enough about that.

It's weird, I have a lot more cramping with this baby.  The braxton hicks hurt every time with this pregnancy.  I remember with all the other babies, they didn't hurt.  Sometimes they were uncomfortable, and the bigger I got the pain did come too, but these have hurt for the last month.  The other day I was a little worried I was in preterm labor because I just kept having them every five minutes for like an hour and a half, the pain was low in my abdomen and I felt pain or pressure in my left thigh.  I wasn't really worried because I had peace in my heart, and I seem to always have been a big braxton hicks person.  I have a ton of them, always have.  They have just never given me this much discomfort before.  Oh well.  I guess it just goes under the category of every pregnancy is different.  

Yeah, this pregnancy is going to be over before I know it.  It's kind of a weird thought.  I am very very excited to have another girl.  We are all very excited to have her come.  She gets a ton of hugs already and they already laugh at her sometimes, which I think is funny.  

I feel really bad because aside from the braxton hicks, the kicks, and the crazy heart burn (which I am wondering if it's actually acid reflux...),  I just feel like this one's just flying by.  I do care though, I think about her so much, and am anxious to see her, hold her.  Yeah, I am totally excited to see what she looks like!  Evey tells me she is going to be a cutie!  (Derek is super excited too!)
In fact, he named her this time.  She was going to be Aven Reiko Morris, but she is now going to be......
Noelle Reiko Morris 
and Derek is going to call her Elly.
It's adorable.

Oh, last thing that must be written, cause, you know, this is our family blog and all.

About a month ago, Derek and I were sitting watching tv one night, and she was not moving at all.  Out of nowhere Derek put his hand on my belly and she just started kicking right where his hand was.  I said, "WOW!  Its like she knew it was you!"
He replied, "She did.  I asked her to move."
AWWWWW!!!  Melt me.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow!! Three months is so soon!! I can't believe it! I am so happy for y'all and I can't wait to see her sweet little face!

oceanbaby&kickboxer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oceanbaby&kickboxer said...

Naomi you look so beautiful!!! I love the belly pics! Keep 'em coming.