I am so tired. I just so so tired. All of the time. I am just about useless as far as actually doing anything productive or worth while. I hate this feeling. I love having my babies, but it takes so much out of me. I am emotional, on edge, I just can't take the drama sometimes. A lot of my energy isn't just going into making a baby. It's all the mental energy it takes to just be there for everyone's issues. I wouldn't change my job. I love being a mom and I don't ever not want to be a mom. I am just tired. SO so tired. Emotionally, physically, mentally....
I am most frustrated because I don't want to be tired anymore. I want to have energy. I want to move, go outside, go for a jog (or just a nice walk would be good). I kid you not. I just can't. I am sure there are many theories of why out there. Don't want to hear them. Not able to take on more guilt for what I am not doing. I just need some mental decompression. I need some serious thinking time. I need to re-group. I need complete silence where I don't have to answer any questions, solve any problems, make any meals, clean anything. I need to sit, pray and ponder. I think I just have had, for too long, too many stresses, whether financial, physical, or mental (or all at the same time) and I just want to feel peace inside.
I feel so bad for this little baby inside of me sometimes. Sometimes I worry she is feeling the stress I am putting on my body. I really worry about it, but then, when I really feel that concern, I do feel a bit of peace go through me that tells me she is protected. For that I am thankful. I am such a mess when I am pregnant. It's absolutely ridiculous how difficult I find having children. I really didn't think it would be this hard. It is SO hard to not feel like a failure everyday. I guess I can't be too too hard on myself. Really, I am a bit more emotional when there is someone growing inside of me, but really, the times when I feel like I've done it just right are few and far between. Mostly, I just feel all of the ways I am lacking. I feel like the world doesn't expect me to be more than I am. Like it's just saying, Yep, that's what I thought, she just can't hack it. I just want to sleep and cry. That's all. Just sleep and cry. I hate these days when Derek works in the evening. That means dinner, bedtime rituals, the night crazies my kids seem to get every night all falls on me, and it falls on me after the time of me maybe having any energy of any kind at all is long since gone. I just want to sleep and cry.
We've been watching past seasons of the biggest loser, and when those people get stuck and say they can't do it and Jillian screams at them that it's all mental.... I totally get that. How do you fight the mental paralyzation? I feel paralyzed. I feel like joy is hard to feel, I feel like the motivation to just fight is gone. I pray so much everyday that the Lord will help me. Give me the mental strength I just don't have. I know I am stronger than this! But it's just not here. I want it back. I want to accomplish things, and when I do feel mentally up for stuff, PLEASE physical, be there for me! Please, because there have been times when the spirit has definitely been willing but this pregnant flesh has been far too weak. Seriously, if someone offered to take me to Disneyland right now, I would have to decline, and if you knew how much I loved Disneyland, you'd know how cruddy I feel.
Sorry, I know this post is depressing. I feel it, it's depressing writing it. This is however a part of my life's story. This is a part of my test. I know if the Lord wanted too, if it was the right time to, He would release me from this funk. This is definitely more than just a mental switch that I just need to flip. This is between me and the Lord. In the last two blessings Derek has given me, he has blessed me that I will heal, mentally as well. It won't be over night, but that the Lord will bless me to heal. I really am going to be okay, Mondays just seem to be the worst! I am like that Carpenters song, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down..." (Except actually, rainy days totally make me happy!)
I will be fine, this is just a trial. I pray I can not fail and that I can come out conquerer. I pray for the Lord's strength in every way it can be felt. Especially since we are so blessed and truly don't have the right to complain.
4 comments:
Love the honesty, and yes, I do just feel tired sometimes too, especially lately! I think it's normal. Hang in there. One of my favorite quotes I've been hanging onto recently is "Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'" https://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/01/living-the-abundant-life?lang=eng
Naomi, I wish I could give you a big hug (and a day off) right now!! I totally understand (as much as I can) what you are going through. Even with just Jane I have been feeling so incredibly thinned out lately. David has been traveling a ton and it is so hard. I just want you to know that you aren't alone, that I understand that feeling of not being enough and the feeling that the stews if hurting your baby. I have those feels in all the time! I hope you can some now find a day, half a day, even just a few hours off. I love you so much!
I do remember those days. Recognize how much you are accomplishing. Your body is creating a miraculous body for an eternal spirit. Your busy little children have so much energy that it is exhausting just to be in the same room with them I imagine. You can do it. You are doing it. It is the most important job in the world. Keep on keeping on. Love from someone who is almost 40 years older than you are and can take a nap any time I feel like it. Too bad we cannot vacation in different eras of our own lives.
Whew...I haven't read your blog in a while! I'm so sorry that you are feeling so worn out. You have every right to feel the way that you do though. My goodness, you are growing a baby and you have FOUR other babies to take care of at the same time. Please know that I'm right down the street and would LOVE to give you a break sometime. Please don't hesitate to drop your kids off. Seriously. Hang in there! And try not to worry about what you AREN'T accomplishing. Satan loves it when we focus on the negativity. Heavenly Father, on the other hand, believes in you and what you are doing. You may feel like you aren't doing much, but you really are doing an incredible work. Being a mother is one of God's greatest callings. It is the greatest blessing and power for good that Heavenly Father has for some of his children. You are amazing! :)
Post a Comment