Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thankful for So Much

First of all, I would really like to thank those who read this blog and comment on it.  Thank you so much for your love and support.  Especially through that last post.  It is still hard for me to re-read.  I am again, sorry it was so depressing.  I would like to report that that night after writing that, I felt the Lord strengthen me enough to have Ethan clean the living room as I cleaned the dishes in the sink.  I am happy that when Derek came home it felt peaceful.  And though I did cry as the kids kept coming out of their rooms for this reason and that, that the night did end with them all going to sleep, and my husband coming home.  Who could ask for more?  Some nights are just harder than others but I do have a testimony that the Lord does not give us more than we can handle, and that is the truth.  I love you all so much and appreciate you all as dear family and friends.  Thank you again over and over!  You have touched my heart more than you know!

I am in the blogging mode.  I just feel like I have so much going on inside that if I don't blog about my life and the goings on in it, I think I might explode.  It's not like anything crazy is going on, it's just I am in the mood.  So, here has been the little bit of happenings the last few days...

My sister taught me how to do Evey's hair like this so on a couple Sunday's ago, since it was her first day in Sunbeams (and since church now starts at eleven instead of nine.....)  I thought it might be kind of fun to do her hair the way Kami taught me.  It was so fun and Evey couldn't have been cuter!\
(As a side note... She loves the bow in her hair.  She calls it her Minnie Mouse bow.)





This cute little fellow cracks me up and melts my heart at the same time.  Derek came out from the hallway smiling in his, "I can't wait for you to see this!" smile, and I was expecting to see something cute.  But, not THIS cute!  
He wore the hat all day.  Even in nursery.  I was impressed.  He is a darling boy and his heart is just as beautiful!




Anyone who follows me in instagram has already seen this picture (and some others on this blog) but I figure it is still good to post.  For any who have not seen this on instagram.... This was taken on a night similar to the one I posted about yesterday.  Not exactly the same emotions going on, but the same ol' feelings of, oh well, can't clean that tonight kind of nights.  The caption I put with it was, "Yup, and I'm too tired to do anything about it."  :)
What can I say?  We make a mess sometimes.... :)
A few days ago, Evey and I went on a mommy daughter date.  We went to Applebees thanks to a christmas gift card, went to "Paint a Dream" where she painted a lady bug, and then to top it off, she got to have a little cupcake lollypop thing from the cupcake shop.
She loved it.  I know she did.  Even if on the way home she said, "Daddy's date was funner than yours."
My reply was a big speech on being more thankful and I then I ended the conversation with, "I don't know when we will go on a date next then Evey.  Maybe when you have grown and have learned to be more thankful."
She was then VERY thankful.
Little booger.


But I love her.
She made me laugh.  A waiter guy came by a minute after we got our food and said to Evey, "Are you just getting yourself all dirty with all of the food you have?"
She did not say anything, she just looked at him, and then when he walked away she looked down at her food and quietly said, "Not yet....."
It cracked me up because I didn't think she thought about what that guy had said at all.  I figured she was just being shy.  What I found out was, what was REALLY going through her head was "I just got my food, it's not on me yet..."
That's my girl.



These are all of the little munchkins watching some Phineas and Ferb while I was making some dinner.  
I looked over at all of them just sitting all quiet and good and sweet and my heart burst with love for them all.
Soon there will be another little head to add to that couch.
It's good to have these people in my life.   It's crazy, but it is so good.


Ethan loves his little brother, and he is very happy when Callen lets him hug him.


This is the beginnings of our first "pet"?
Its a little experiment that he got for Christmas, it was a set of three different science activities and this one he got to add sand and water and little eggs that are supposed to hatch into a crustacean thing that has the potential to be around for six months.  We have yet to see the little guys hatch.  Hope they do.  If they don't, it's going to be alright.  Ethan told me today, if they don't hatch, it's just one of those things.  Good boy.


Monday, Evey and Callen were taking care of baby Boo Boo.  They love this baby, especially Callen who sings to her and will fight to keep her....  Sweet.... :)  No, it really is.  I don't want him to fight, but I am thankful he cares so much about being sweet and kind to babies.  In the video down below he starts to sing "his" song, "Baby Mine".
Also, if you watch the video, Evey has a VERY very messy face.  She had had her Monavie juice that morning and we had yet to wash her face up to that point so please excuse the mess.  :)



n                                   


This is another science activity that came in the three pack.  He got to be an archeologist today.  He enjoyed that, while Derek and I enjoyed playing Mario.  It was fun for us all.  :)





Tai Tai had fun putting the dino together.  He did a great job and it was so fun to see him be excited to put it together.  I love this kid!  I really do.  I love them all.


And last but not least for today, Evey.  
She loves dressing up I think more than anything else.  
I can't believe she is growing up.  She is going to be four soon and it just all seems unbelievable.
Life is great.  It really is.  When all is said and done, difficult mommy emotions and all, I am truly thankful for these people.
And of course, their daddy is super awesome too.  :)



No comments: