Today was the first official day of summer! At least for me.
It was great and I realized I really do love summer.
Whenever winter comes around I think that I hate summer, but then today, I realized I really actually love it, or maybe just what summer means.
It means yard work (I love how pulling weeds and how it makes me feel like I am productive) it means opening up windows in the evening. It means BBQ's and ice cream cones with the kids on the curb. It means the fourth of July and fireworks!!
I guess it also means spiders......
Lots and lots of spiders.....
I will never like that about summer......
On another note, Derek and I just came back from the most amazing trip of my life. I got to go to Japan with Derek!!!
I wanted to know what it was about that country that made my sweetheart so happy. Let's just say......
Now I understand. I really understand. Maybe Derek and I are a different breed, born of the same material perhaps, but I totally get it now, and I love Japan. When we flew away I watched that country go until I couldn't see it anymore with my heart aching telling it the whole way "I will be back, and I will be back with my kids!" We are totally moving there with the kids. Not to move there forever, but for a good three months for sure. I want our kids there. We want our kids there. If our kids had been there with us already, pretty sure we'd still be there. The only thing that brought me home this time was that we missed our kids like crazy!!
Anyway, will post about that next. Very soon.
1 comment:
How very exciting! Can't wait to hear all about Japan!
Post a Comment