Friday, February 10, 2012

Photo Update Time! You know you LOVE IT!

I have a ton of pictures of these little cuties! A ton more that the dumb computer won't upload from my dumb phone. Or maybe they aren't the dumb one's?...... We'll leave that topic for some other day.


I think you should know, that for the last little while, my children have gotten very interested in the Army. (Ethan mostly, but he has pulled the others in as well). Yes, I have children who long to be soldiers. To protect their freedom, and secure freedom for others. He want's to do that so the other countries can have the gospel taught to them.
If you really know Ethan, you know this is no joke, this is why Ethan wants to be in the military and he trains daily to be good at it. He's up to 100 PERFECT push-ups. You don't have to take my word for it. Just ask our Elders, they'll tell you!
Though I couldn't be more proud.....
I think all you mothers out there know why I may wish for his passion to shift.
He's six, I'm sure it will, but Ethan being Ethan? It just may stick with him.
Ethan says, "Don't worry mom, I'm training now so I don't die later." I just sigh and tell him I love him and that I am so thankful he is training now.

I really am so thankful he truly does love his country.
He started loving it after he started to learn about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

How could you not have a love of country when you remember our forefathers?

Oh yes she did! Camo and pink cowboy boots!

In the spirit of what our children love, this year's Christmas video (we make one every year) was "Army Rescue" in that two specially trained Rangers saved the General's daughter from the evil Dr. Kenzo!

**Yes, those are handcuffs. We had to be legit.....

The Cast:



One for the Blooper reel:


My Awesome family of 4 great Actors and one Actress!

The movie turned out awesome! It was totally epic in my opinion. We have it recorded for any who would like to view it sometime.

Moving on.....

It's Christmas Day!


Grandmas and Grandpas sure know how to spoil em!

Tragically, Evey and Callen's photos would not upload..... Again, don't know if it's technology or me.
I'm thinking it's technology.
Yep, totally going with that.


He is ONE now!!


Party at Grandma's!


He didn't get his party the day of his birthday.....
BUT, he did get some cake.
His first popsicle cupcake from Double D's.
He loved it.




She is THREE now!!
And potty trained too!
I still claim she was two when it happened....
Close to three, but still two.
Just for the record.

(In her defence, we did have to run a lot of errands before we could actually get to her mommy daddy day.)

But then it was awesome!
Double D cupcake she got to choose all for herself, lunch at the mall, and a movie!
Just mommy, daddy and Evey!




He's FIVE now!!
His and Evey's party is in a couple of days at grandmas house, and his mommy daddy day will be next week!
More pictures to come!
Love you kiddo!

Tai is seriously one of the most sincerest and loving kids.

Tai, I will always, ALWAYS cherish that everyday you take the time to tell me you love me.
You don't let anyone leave the house without telling them, "LOVE YOU, BYE! DRIVE SAFELY!"
And every time we come home, you always tell us how much you love and missed us, and how happy you are to see us.
THANK YOU!!
Mommy's and daddy's need that!
We love you too!!!

He's still SIX!!
I had to throw that in there because not only do we have Christmas, but then we have three birthdays right in a row all within a three and a half week spread of time.
Ethan's isn't for a loooong time.
I guess we should try to time things a little better?

This boy is progressing in reading. He can read chapter books now. We are very proud of him.



Now....
In a world full of people who would gladly choose to go without kids, to them I say....
Why? When you can get awesome photos like this?
Kids make life fun, exciting, and they do random.
I LOVE IT!!


This was cute. I came out of the hall to see a miniature missionary on a stand made of two books, two blocks, and a blue car.
He was preaching a lesson.
I had a close up of it, but again.......

I thought for SURE one of the boys had done it, but NOPE!
It was my two year old girl!
I think it goes to show that even though you think they are too young to learn anything at church, or they are too rowdy to possibly get anything out of it....
If you are consistent, they will get something out of it!



I promise I'll blog more tomorrow.
I also promise I am not just a narrator. I am a part of this family even though there are no pictures of me.




3 comments:

Katie Call said...

Oh my heavens! I can't believe how much everyone has grown up! Except Ethan, he looks the same to me, but the other three...holy cow! It's only been a couple of months! Miss you guys! :)

Wade said...

Great update. That was a lot of work. I can barely keep up with one kid. Thanks for sharing. We look forward more very soon.

The Everts said...

Awesome update! Finally you update your blog!! I've been waiting and waiting! No joke, I check it all the time and am always so bummed you didn't blog. Man o man, are your kids getting big!! I can't believe it! I can't believe Ethan is reading, doing push ups and wanting to be in the Army. Crazy... I would be having an anxiety attack. hahaha Evey is so big. I remember when she was born! Ok, enough rambling. I'm so glad you guys are doing good and I love your story about feeling no pain. The Lord is awesome.