Friday, February 10, 2012

Blogging? What is Blogging?


Seriously, I know I have been so bad at blogging lately.
I hang my head down low and give an apologetic, "sorry...."

This is why I am blogging today.
Yesterday, I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with acute tonsillitis. I am in bed today. My throat is very swollen. When the doctor looked inside my mouth she said, "Oh, wow!"
And then looked again.
Yes, it is painful, (OH SO PAINFUL).

Yesterday was Thursday, so Wednesday night Derek gave me a blessing that said that night would be the last night I would have to endure that degree of pain. Also, the council was given to remember that it was our Savior's power that would heal me.

I am here to say, that there is no earthly medicine that can heal the way the Lord's power can.
I was in some of the worst pain I have ever had (minus transition baby pain).
I could not talk, sleep, walk upright, eat, swallow spit without tensing every muscle, cry (though I did anyway and suffered greatly for it), or anything. It was horrible.
I had hit my tipping point and I literally said, in the midst of tears, "I can not do this anymore."
I know, I am a wimp, and I think anyone with cancer, or any other chronic illness that requires pain that goes on for days and days are some of the strongest people on earth.
I digress.
Anyway, this is how I was around 4/4:30pm yesterday afternoon.

At 5pm, our sweet little girl ran outside to the backyard, and fifteen seconds later comes in screaming and blood spilling from her mouth. Graphic, sorry.

Derek was horrified, broken hearted (it is his princess you know), and she needed stitches.

I KNEW I could not send Derek, so I found myself saying that I would take her even though in my head I am thinking, "Oh snap, how can I possible take her!"

I started getting dressed (out of pajamas and into human clothes) and immediately I felt stronger.
I got into the car, I felt like, I think this can work.
We got to the doctor's office and I was able to get out the big stroller, put her in it and take her to get checked in. Luckily by now my mother in law had been able to come and help be a support for me and Evey.
By now, I have time to sit and wait and just be amazed. I could not believe it. I had no pain. I felt tired, but I had no pain, and I had enough strength to keep doing what simply had to get done.

Evey was seen by the doctor, her bottom lip had split on the outside of the skin, but the gaping hole was on the inside of her lip. By the time we got to the doctor though, there was no split at ALL in the front. It had sealed completely. The doctor said, "There is no way she bit all the way through, it could not have healed that quickly." Well, with Heaven's power, it most certainly can!

With Heaven's power, I can be instantly healed and protected from all terrible throat pain and sleep like a baby for the first time in five nights, and Evey can not need stitches anymore. What a tremendous blessing. She still needs to heal, but the hole in the inside of her lip will heal itself through time, doing stitches would have done more harm than good. She has a tooth we have to watch as it has become loose, but hey, she's three, those teeth have to come out anyway.

It was miraculous. It most certainly was a witness of the power of the priesthood, prayer, and the Lord's healing power. The power of the Atonement. It is very real.







No comments: