Saturday, August 7, 2010

Whooping Cough


I wish to share with you something very dear to my heart that I found today and share it with you because I feel that this mother would like to share what she has learned with all of us.

I just read a blog about a mother who lost her baby this last January to whooping cough.
Through reading that blog I learned that in California there is an epidemic of it going around now.  How frightening.  
IMMUNIZE your children, immunize yourselves.  The immunizations can wear down and for us adults we can die too, but for us it might just seem like a bad bad cold.  For babies, it is fatal.  
I do not want to pass that on to a child.
Natalie's story is so touching.  
I cried.  Oh, I cried.  I cried because it is real.  I cried because of how much faith she had and has.
She is the mother of four, now on earth, only three and she writes about her conversations with her other sons and the miracle of letting her son go.
I just feel strongly that we come across some things not by accident, and I know, that we can all benefit from learning from her experience.  
Even if it is to just teach us to live in gratitude and love for every moment of every day with our children.  
She writes how she sees pictures of before he was sick and how she wants to jump into those pictures and beg the mother to kiss him more, hug him more.  
Shouldn't we all do that now while we still have the chance?
I would like to thank her for her faith.
Her story has taught me so much, I pray I will never forget.

No comments: