Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This Week's Meals

So lately cooking has been a great struggle.  Apart from being morning sick and food in general being a touchy subject, I have had absolutely no imagination.  So, a couple of days ago I pulled out my cookbooks and decided to look through them.  
I figured since cooking is boring, I should at least try to make it fun again.
For me, this did the trick.
I found a recipe for stroganoff.  It was easy, quick, no not healthy, but my kids ate it and cooking became fun again for that one meal.

I continued to look around and though I really don't use that many ideas from recipes (due to weird ingredients that I just never have) it did seem to illuminate a part of my brain that seems to have been sleeping for the last couple of months.

Anyway, long story short I went shopping this morning, and now, I am equipped to making awesome meals all week long.  Meals that sound good to me and that I am excited to make.

Here is our menu: (no particular day order)

Hawaiian haystacks.

My mommas beef stew (via crockpot) with garlic cheese biscuits; a recipe I found this morning from Betty Crocker.  (TOTALLY healthy I know.  GO NAOMI GO!)  :)

Tacos with ground turkey this time.  Or perhaps I'll make spaghetti instead.  Not sure yet.

Tostadas (to keep up the mexican theme) Refried beans this time though.

A rice meal with italian sausage, bell peppers and onions to go on top of the rice.  (A recipe from a friend).

Hamburgers with potato wedges as a side (to keep up with the healthy theme of the week)

And, some curry to feed the missionaries on Sunday.  

Oh, and P.S.  I forgot to add this yesterday but I also have bread to throw in the bread maker and we will have soup with that.
(This is one of Derek's favorites!)

There are some other things I could totally throw together now because it was a very good shop for food day so needless to say, I am happy and, cooking has become fun again.  

Ahhhhh..... :)   
That's my sigh of relief.

Oh, and there is a frozen pizza if one of these days turn out to be more difficult than expected so we don't eat out.  Again.  

I feel hungry now.

3 comments:

The Everts said...

Those sounds yummy, except we don't eat beef anymore. Only ground turkey for things that call for beef. So the sausage meal is out for us also the stew but we'll see when the holidays come around. lol But it does sound yum. You go girl!

The Everts said...

Oh and I cannot eat curry. It makes me sick. I've just had bad experiences.

Wade said...

Please no curry for me either. Hawaiian haystacks? Sounds interesting. Blog On!