Thursday, March 4, 2010

50 (Hopefully Interesting) Things

I've decided to follow the example of a couple of my friends and give you 50 facts about me.
I can't promise anything as interesting as my friends have given, but, here it goes...

1. For five years of my life I lived at a U-Store.
2. When I was little I used to watch Ninja Turtles and imagine that I was in trouble and they would come save me.
I guess that's why I got to marry my martial arts man!
3. I love to sing and at one point thought I was pretty good at it.
4. Have lived without cable for about 60% of my life.
5. Almost drowned twice.
The first time was when I was little and my sweet sister was trying to save me and all I remember was me pushing her down to get to the top, she should have just punched me!
The second time wasn't as exciting, I knew how to dog paddle but I was getting tired.  My dad and I were in a lake together and we flipped our little floating thing over and we had to wait a long time for the house boat to turn around and get us.
Luckily someone saw us!  If they hadn't.........
My sweet dad, he was so worried. 
I didn't know it then, but when we were in the water my dad thought to himself, "If she goes down, I am going with her!"
Poor dad!! 
6. I never played sports at school because I loved being home.
I am a home body even now!
7. Favorite chill night at home?
Derek, Haagendaz and a rented movie!!
8. When I was baptized, my water was FREEZING!!
9. At my elementary school we had to freeze and not move when the bell rang.
I would move when the lady watching us would turn around, I thought I was so clever!
10. I am ashamed to say this, but when in elementary school and we would play heads-up seven up, I would peak down at the floor so I could see the kids shoes!
It didn't occur to me then that I was cheating..... Again, I just thought I was clever.
11. I really don't enjoy eating fruit, but I do 'cause I must.
12. I really don't like exercising, but it seems that I must.
13. I don't like watching Disney's "The Jungle Book" because I can't stand Mowgli's voice.
14. I have a hard time watching Karate Kid 1,2,3, and 4 because the cheese factor is hard for me to swallow but I will if Derek wants to watch them because I love him!
15. Just thought I'd let you know that I have the best hubby in the whole wide world for me!  I am pretty sure no one else could've handled THIS crazy lady!
16. I have a really really tough time making decisions, especially when it comes to fast food or restaurants.
17. I hate shopping!
Why?  Because I really don't have a great sense of style and because nothing ever seems to fit me "right".
18. Because of number 17, Derek has to pick out my clothes for me.
19. If I could eat from sun-up to sun-down, I totally would.
20. I decided not to get an epidural simply because I was curious and wanted to know what labor felt like.
21. I have only kissed four boys in my life, Derek is obviously lucky number four. ;)
22. When I was fourteen I thought for SURE I was going to marry Justin Timberlake.  I even prayed for him all the time!  Wow......... what else can I say but wow.
23. I took a couple years of Spanish and both of my spanish teacher's didn't like me at all.
No joke.
24. I was late to first period every year of high school.
25. I love drawing with pencils and I love photography.
26. I am deathly afraid of spider's, the stomach flu, and public bathrooms.
27. I have only been to two concerts in my life.........
Brittany Spears (which I had no choice in the matter so don't be a hater)
and N'SYNC which I totally wanted to go to!  
Remember, I was like 15 OK?
28. I love cheese.
29. I like the chili cheese fries at the theater but only with shredded cheese not nacho cheese!
30. I like food.  Just thought I'd add this little fact because I am pretty sure you wouldn't have ever guessed that on your own. :P
31. I still have great grand parents who are still alive which means they have eight 
great great grand kids!  
32. I have never broken any bones or had any stitches (please knock on wood for me! Thanks.)
33. I used to say sorry to all of my toys because I thought if I didn't they might attack me?
Ummm, hope you don't hold that against me.  I am not crazy now that I have grown.
34. I used to go on splits with the sister missionaries and it was so fun!
35. I love the movies "While you were Sleeping" and "Sleepless in Seattle" has nothing to do with the word "sleep" they are just classics and I love them.
36. When I was a kid, it seemed as though every day when I would come home from school my mom would be watching "Pollyanna" I didn't like that movie at all then, but I do now, proof that I grew up and matured a little.
37. Never really had a boyfriend hug me in public till I met Derek and I thought to myself "He's not embarrassed to do this?"  He literally is my hero for many reasons.
38. I am lonely every time Derek leaves the house in fact I miss him before he even leaves.
39. Flowers make me feel happy.
40. I love love love to laugh so if you have any good jokes please humor me.
41. I feel uncomfortable with the number of times I have typed the word "I".
42. I always wanted a baby brother or sister so bad it hurt.
43. Some of my dearest friends include some of the best sword masters on the planet.  I am totally serious!
44. I love San Diego.  I totally do!
45. If I was stranded on a desert island with only my family and my scriptures I would totally still be happy.  It would be like the Swiss Family Robinsons.  
46. Because I am and always have been a home body, I have a tendency to ignore the rest of the world and just enjoy my little world with my family, so that means sometimes I cancel previous made plans. Sorry to all those this has previously affected.
47. I understand newborn baby language (no joke!) thanks to Dunstan Baby Language .
48. I enjoy civil war history in fact I love history in general if I am being taught by someone who actually knows it.  It intrigues me.
49. I had braces and I never wore my retainer.
50.  I have killed to defend my children (you know spider's, mice, and the like).  Truthfully, I was only an accomplice with the mice:)

Well, hope you enjoyed that, and I hope more of you take on this challenge because I have fully enjoyed reading other's and I can't wait to read yours! 


8 comments:

Wade said...

We have always loved you for #16. It always keep eating out interesting for us. we should do it again soon!Hey to Derek!

Wade said...

That should read "always keeps" Mindy says to always proof read before posting.

Anonymous said...

I love learning about you! It seems silly now when we think about how we were when we were kids. It's nice to know everyone was pretty much the same. ;)

Katie Call said...

That was so fun to read! I feel like I know you so much better now! :)

The Over Family said...

I loved reading your facts, Naomi! You are AWESOME! We have a lot in common...like "cheating" when playing Head-up-7-up. Only you are a lot better than me because I'm pretty sure that I knew I was cheating when I peeked at the shoes. That's so neat that you haven't had an epidural...you're my HERO for that! I haven't broken any bones or had stitches either. And I totally forgot about the Dunstan Baby Language stuff -- you lent me that video way back in another life and all of that info. completely left me. For my next kid, I'll have to borrow that video from you again. I know what you mean about feeling lonely when your husband is gone...my heart drops to the floor sometimes when Jon leaves for work in the morning! :) But why feel lonely, alone? We practically live next door to each other and we NEVER get together in the day. Let's do it sometime! When my kids are healthy of course...

Lindsey Dunn said...

You are so dang cute! and I love your family picture so cute! Can't wait to see you next week!

La Vita Bella said...

Sounds like you were a funny little girl! While You Were Sleeping is one of my favorite movies too, it's a classic! That's hilarious you prayed to marry Justin Timberlake, too funny. :) Thanks for posting this, it was fun to read.

Bows & Toes said...

I loved reading about you! I didn't know you wanted a younger sibling so badly, that makes me want to cry. I love being your sister!

Oh, you make me laugh. I love the tid bit about recess-you'd move when the lady watching wasn't looking!!