This is the USS Midway.
This aircraft carrier has survived 3 wars, a typhoon, and a head-on collision.
She's massive!
I could not get over how huge it is!!
The camera does not give it justice, but here she is!
This guy gave us our tickets!
I was so stoked, I couldn't believe it.
Derek and I had fun playing on the ship.
Maybe a little TOO much fun:)
We got sent to the brig :(
(Not really)
The utilities of the brig guests.
The sleeping accommodations.
Hope your not claustrophobic!
Phew!
We made it out of there and into the Captain's courters.
They were a tad nicer.
Down below we go.
Yes, ladies and gents, we were under the water line!
I could no longer hold my breath so............
we went up.
A rescue plane.
Don't let the red stuff fool you. The seats are still metal.
If you enlarge the next picture, you can see that I am a little nervous.
This is why.
I am not a big fan of being so many feet above water.
It was funny, the guys standing next to Derek were pointing my way and saying things like "Doesn't look like it will last long does it?"
What!?
Comforting right?
After that I started to feel the thing wiggle.
I came to find out they were talking about the dock, not what I was standing on ;)
Oooops......
Anyway, if you enlarge this photo, you'll see the wood on the dock is starting to rot away.
That's not good either I would say.
Why?
Because he's a real stiff......
(Derek's joke).
Next to the Midway a statue of Bob Hope is telling jokes to a bunch of other statues so we decided to join the fun.
Can you see Derek?
Next we wanted to go to Seaport Village.
But... we didn't know which way to go.
Ask and ye shall recieve!
This man started yelling, "Seaport Village! Two for a dollar!"
Derek looked in his wallet and wouldn't you know it?
We had a dollar.
That was all we had ;)
It was so cool!
We then went to Ben & Jerry's.
Guess what! On March 23rd you want to go to your local Ben & Jerry's (if you have one, if you don't, go find one.)
They are giving away free cones that day!
Just thought you might want to know!
Alright, after this, we went to Balboa Park. Those pictures will come next.
This post has been long enough.
Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Very fun!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you guys at Powell.
I'm glad that you and Derek had such a great little vacation together! It looked like you had a blast! :)
Post a Comment