Sunday, September 10, 2017

Six Weeks and Big Changes

It's been a crazy busy week.  Work week I guess, which means it was busy for me at home too. :D
 We took our kids out of school and placed them in homeschool again because with having to do 4 1/2 hours of homework by myself we realized it makes no sense to drive 80 miles a day just so that I can work my tail off in the evening, by myself, trying to do homework while simultaneously also trying to make dinner, and then of course the evening chores and bed.
It was too much.
Also, with Derek's schedule being what it is, he would never see the kids.
It just makes sense for our family, our lifestyle, our needs.
I know it must seem crazy. 
I don't care.
It's right, and Derek is 1000% backing this up (to the point that he was convincing me!)
and we can do this.
Together, we can do anything, especially if the Lord is there to help us.
Honestly, after we made the choice, I looked at all the kids that night while they were in their beds sleeping and a wave of gratitude flowed through me knowing I didn't have to say goodbye to them in the morning.
I thanked the Lord that we could enjoy this precious time with the kids.
We only have a precious six years before the revolving door begins in our family.
Only six more years with all the kids living at home together.
I'm not about to waste that time.
The only con to this plan is that the kids are prone to fighting more because they are all home.
Everything else is a pro.
Since Derek will be around though while we are doing school, it'll be doable.

Alright, moving on to my weekly baby report! :D

HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU?

6 Weeks

HOW BIG IS THE PEANUT?

The size of a lentil.
Which is funny because I had lentil soup twice this week.
My baby is tiny!  But oh, so cute and awesome!

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN/LOSS?

I gained two pounds this week.
I panicked about that a bit, but then I realized my body is changing (I mean, baby number 7, it's changing quick, it knows the drill!) and Derek and I have been walking a lot!
We walked 4 miles or a little 4 miles, 4 days this week. *POUND IT!*
So, I'm doing what I can to minimize the gain.

MATERNITY CLOTHES?

Haha!  The last 12 years. ;)

SLEEP?

Not as great as last week actually dang it!
I woke up just about every night around 1:45am having some kind of anxiety attack about something.
Then I would wake up again sometime before 6am.
Blah.
But between those time and before 1:45am I slept great. ;)

BEST MOMENT OF THIS WEEK?

Callen loving seeing pictures of how the baby will develop.
He was a bit apprehensive seeing that the baby didn't look much like a baby yet, but then as we looked week by week at how the baby would grow, his heart just melted, and basically every day since he has been asking to see how the baby grows!

SYMPTOMS?

Fatigue.
A bit emotional.
More hungry.
More morning sickness.

FOOD CRAVINGS?

Not really.
Last night steak was the only thing that sounded like it wouldn't make me sick, so I guess steak?

FOOD AVERSIONS?

Nothing worth taking notes on.

GENDER?

Still think it's a boy, especially since I'm not nearly as sick as I've been with the girls!

LABOR SIGNS?

None.  
Just a dream last night that I was in labor and I couldn't get people to stop coming in my bathroom!  And Derek wasn't there when I was ready to push so, my real labor had better be the EXACT OPPOSITE when it comes!
Frustrating dream! :D

BELLY BUTTON:

Still in!

WHAT I MISS?

Nothing.
I'm just so happy to be in this place right now.

MILESTONES?

I keep exercising!
I made half a dresser this week before I got worn out (haha!)
I cleaned the kitchen and living room all by myself yesterday!
(It's the little things...)

WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO?

All of it.

BUMP?

I'm not sure.  I know I'm bigger, but I'm not sure if it's just bloating or my body saying it's baby making time!
Probably a bit of both. 

I'm actually 5 weeks along in this picture, but there's really not much of a change
so this'll work to show you where I am at as of now. :)

Well, that's about it for now!
Just know I love my Heavenly Father, my Savior, my husband, and our children!











No comments: