Ok, so lets start with the biggest and most obvious news. We will be joined by a new family member this July. Our third daughter. That is very exciting. I am now 34 weeks along, and feeling her grow everyday it seems! She is very active! I felt like I wasn't growing in belly for awhile but holy moly has she made up for that in the last month! I got to have an ultrasound last week, and the tech said she could see hair. Hair? I've never had a baby born with that kind of hair to speak of! I grow baldies! Ok, they come out with a little, but I've never had an ultrasound tech tell me she could see hair! It's going to be interesting. And fun. Always fun. :) I keep having dreams about a little girl with dark hair so maybe with the long hair she will be dark? Who knows. Like I said, it'll be very interesting to see and fun. This is me at 34 weeks, and in the background, you can see her cute little nursery.
In other news, our family has moved! It was a VERY long process. We started our moving journey with fixing our house up a bit in November (thanks dad!) and putting it up for sale in December. It was finally sold in March after about 30 showings (probably a little more) and thankfully it went through in the very first couple of days in April. Just thinking about all those months makes my stomach churn with the remembrance of stress. Other people can and have handled that stress much better than I could, however, I was morning sick through most of it, had five kids to try to keep in line while getting on average 5 phone calls a week saying, "Hey, can we come show your house?" And never ever knowing when those calls would come or how much time we would have to get ready. We ranged from a surprise knock on the door, to an hour, to a day. So, we had to be "show" ready at all times which requires a lot of work when kids are involved and constantly undoing what has been done. Bless their little souls. So on top of being morning sick and all that, I was also "hormonal" so, it just wasn't a great combination to be nervous about selling the house. ;) We were blessed though, and finally had a family come see the house and love it enough to buy it. Then came journey number two. Packing the house to put it all into storage.
Our new to us house was not going to be ready for another month and a half after we were supposed to be out of ours so we had to put everything into storage. Then, came journey number three...
Derek and I had a trip planned for awhile that would take us to Japan for 9 days. He was getting promoted there again and so we planned for me to go with him to see it. It worked out beautifully though because after all the craziness that was us getting the house sold and being sick through the whole thing, I needed to decompress. As did Derek. I literally stayed in the hotel 90% of the time. I slept, he trained, it was what we both needed. The only time I ever left the hotel was for food, the promotion ceremony, and once or twice to get souvenirs for the family. Thats it. I was totally wiped out!!! I was blessed to rest and rejuvenate so that we could come back to the States and have journey number 4.
Living with other people.
I gotta say, the wonderful people who let us into their home are straight from Heaven. Seriously, they are so incredibly Christlike and wonderful! They were very gracious and VERY patient! We owe them a lot and can never thank them enough for their generosity and welcoming spirits. Even with how wonderful they are and were, I just could not help but feel like invaders! I was dying to have a home to call our own again. From the time we put our house up for sale in December I really didn't feel like I had a home. We had a house we were living in, but since it was being "shown" it couldn't really be lived in, not with the ever present feeling that someone could come see it at any moment. How could you feel like normal then? I couldn't. Anyway, it had then been four solid months where I had felt like a fish out of water and I knew it was going to be at least another month before we would be able to move into our new home, so, I was anxious. The journey then became ever increasingly difficult.
Three days after we moved in with these wonderful people, our two year old daughter came down with the worst stomach viruses she has ever had. Little girl was so sick and it took her about a week to get well again. She had to get an IV and all.
She finally started to pick up after her name was put on the prayer roll at the temple, and the next day I got inspiration that she needed probiotics (she had recently had antibiotics while we were in Japan because she came down with an ear infection right before Japan, this poor child). So, we was in desperate need of good bacteria in her system.
Two days after she got over the flu, she caught a bronchitis like cough that stayed for a long time. In fact every single one of my children caught it and I did as well.
![]() |
| This is our sweetheart trying to smile through her 104 degree fever she got after getting over the flu. Seriously, my heart just breaks remembering all of this. |
One child became so sick the doctor gave him antibiotics for "pneumonia". At least, that's what the paper said. That was the last straw. By this time, about two and a half weeks had gone by and I was done invading good people with scary stuff. (I must mention that living in the home was a very sweet woman who is in her 80's and being taken care of by her daughter and son in law who own the house we were staying in. We call her Grammy. I was SO scared of getting Grammy sick!!) So, when the doctor gave us that diagnosis, I told Derek that we had to get out of the house until our kids (and myself) were better. I just couldn't bring pneumonia back to their home. Anyway, looooong story short, Derek's mom welcomed our little sickies into her house and Derek sent me to my parents house to get some doctor's ordered rest. He told me if I wanted to avoid pneumonia I had better rest so that's what happened. We came back a week later and then about a week after that, started on journey number 5. The construction of our new home.
We were so blessed. We had so many helping hands!!
| These are all "before" pictures of the boys room/playroom. :) |
| New paint everywhere. We chose white ceilings and gray walls. I wanted "clouds". I live in the desert, I have enough brown, not enough clouds. :) |
![]() |
| New floor boards. These two are pros!! |
![]() |
| New flooring for the kitchen |
![]() |
| The finished product after we moved in!!! |
![]() |
| Boys room/playroom! |
So, long story made even longer….. We finally got the house done and we have finally gotten to move in. We. Love. It. It's beautiful and peaceful and our children now have land to play on. The journey was long and hard, but it made the move into our new home that much more sweet! We are SO thankful for all of the lessons we learned over the last 8 months and are so thankful for all of the help and gracious people that have helped us SOOOOO much along the way!! We couldn't have done it without any of them!! I have been on the receiving end of so much love, compassion and help!! Thank you just doesn't cut it.
| See, we feel so at home here. ;) |
We even got a dog! Meet Carmen. Now, I just need to learn how to train her…. What was I thinking? But she's cute as can be!
We also had a gopher snake make it's way into our garage…. I didn't like that too much, but the kids did! I guess I'll still call it a win. ;)
The last thing I will write about to catch you all up is yesterday. Yesterday we got to go to a family reunion at a beach house! It was marvelous. We only got to stay for one day as apposed to the whole week, but it was such a gift. What a great day! Love catching up with everyone and just having a great relaxing family filled day!
And this is how we all felt that night having to leave.
All right, you are now caught up! Hopefully I'll be able to blog more, but I always say that. Seriously though, may it not be a year before I blog again!!!




















1 comment:
Love to see you blogging again! 😘
Post a Comment