So, after taking a good thirty-five to forty minutes prepping a so-called
ten min. prep blueberry crumb cake.......
I decided (for the ump-teenth time) that baking + me = a joke.
A lame and cruel joke.
Cooking? Cooking I can do.
Why?
There's really no rules! Add a little here throw in some cheese there and..... THERE!
You have a meal. Maybe you burn it a little? Oh, well, it just adds a little flavor (most of the time).
Baking?
NO WAY!!
There are like secret rules that aren't known to me until after it's way too late!
Mix it too much here, don't mix it enough.....
No, no. You measure flour THIS way. OH............
Anyway, I know some marvelous bakers and I have great respect for them.
GREAT RESPECT because I mean really, how do they do it?
What's is funny to me though, is they tell me that they hate cooking......
I guess it's one of those things like those of us who hate geometry love algebra and visa versa?
Who knows. All I know is, I need some help, or.....
I just need to be thankful that I can't bake because really,
WHO NEEDS ALL THAT BUTTER AND SUGAR ANYWAY???!!!!
4 comments:
That's right who needs the butter and sugar anyway!! LOL I'm more a baker than a cooker, but I
m not great either way. I have beginners luck with board/card games, not so with cooking/baking. I have to try my hand at something three, four times before I finally figure it out! Even than, I'm not a great at cooking/baking and not adventitious. Good thing my daughter isn't either! LOL Hope your special treats go better next time. =)
Haha, I can't make chocolate chip cookies for the life of me. Not even the pre made just put them in the oven kind. They never turn out and I'm convinced I'm cursed. I like to cook and prefer that over baking. But lately I have been making some things like pumpkin bread and such and it was so yum.
I must be a Baker, not a cooker. I do love my cookies and brownies! We need to get together soon. Just don't tell Derek.
Haha...I love baking but don't enjoy cooking! I guess everyone just has their thing. I really hope to enjoy cooking one day....SOON! =)
Post a Comment