It's broken.
Last evening, Ethan was playing in his room and decided to get something that had flown up into his closet. He apparently used both his legs to "climb like a monkey" and then proceeded to kneel down on a poster board that we put up in his closet for safe keeping (go figure) he then said he was "too close to the edge and the poster started to slide." He knee boarded down to the floor and put his right leg down to catch himself and boom, he broke his tibia.
Having not seen the said catastrophe and only hearing the cry we were not sure the extent of the injury. Derek has experienced broken bones before (I on the other hand have not yet had the pleasure) so I let Derek assess the damage. He held his leg and asked Ethan to move his foot around, asked him to stand (Ethan could not) and then concluded that we should wait until the morning and if he still wasn't walking, we would for sure take him in.
This picture was taken this morning after lots of tears and hardly any sleep.
I then asked him to show me how he REALLY felt......
So, we took him to the doctor where our fears and suspicions were unfortunately proven correct, and he chose a blue cast. For the next three weeks he can not walk or get himself anywhere (not even to the bathroom).
After three weeks, depending on how well his bones have come together, he will get a smaller cast that he should be able to waddle around on. Till then..... I am going to look into getting a kid wheelchair because carrying him everywhere being this far along doesn't seem like the best of ideas.
He said he smiled for the picture's sake, so again I asked him to show me how he really felt.
Sad, it makes me sad, but, there are perks....... He got to get a puzzle from his Aunt Heather and Uncle Cody!
Thank you guys! And thanks to all the family who have showed us so much love and support in this Ethan's tough tough day.
Here's to a happy, quick, and complete recovery!
And, (I desperately hope) a learned lesson. NO MORE CLIMBING!!! EVER!!!!
4 comments:
Got better Ethan! That's a great puzzle though! ;)
Poor Ethan! I'm sorry Naomi! It has to be so tough for you to not only see your kid in pain, but to also have to carry him around everywhere for the next 3 weeks! A kid wheelchair definitely sounds like a good plan. Please let me know if you need a break...I can come over and carry him around for you if you want. :) Or I can cook or clean for you too...just a thought! Let me know!
Oh my goodness that looks bad! My brother to have bed care when he broke his leg. Not the funnest thing to go through. Hope he heals well and gets feeling better soon!!
OMGOSH!!!!! well ihoep you canget somthing to help you and him to get around! that is awful! but leave it up to boys to try to find the things that flew into there closet! lol but cool puzzle! :) if you guys need anything please let us know and we would be more than willing to help! but i have a queshtion why 2 casts? one wont fix all of it?
Post a Comment