40 pounds in 100 days!
That's the goal.
This picture is on my fridge. Next to this picture are the words,
"If you want to look like her, you've gotta eat like her!"
This body belongs to my inspiration Cindy Whitmarsh, she is an incredible lady! (And hopefully she won't sue me for using her picture:)
This woman has had two children, one of them a C-section!
I have had a weight problem all my life. I have always been overweight and "obese" by the doctors little charts and you know what? I am done.
I am done.
I was always concerned with my weight but after having children and gaining so much more it really hit me that I was not a happy gal.
And I realized I never would be if I just settled and said "There's nothing I can do. It's in my genes."
Bull!
I was stuck in my situation because that's what I thought.
I "thought" myself into staying the same.
I "thought" myself into believing that being healthy and fit and even looking good was for everybody else. They were just blessed and I was not, there is something different about my body that made being tone completely impossible and that's that. Case closed.
BULL! Bull.
Now hold on, part of that is true.
There was a difference between them and me, it was they had more knowledge than I had.
They had knowledge and faith that moved them to change the way they thought of themselves, faith enough to take action, and change.
I have learned so much over the last five years, through listening to books about change to watching the biggest loser, through reading my scriptures and through prayer that I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that change is possible, and I, I was the only one stopping my progression.
Heavenly Father made all of our bodies and he didn't make mine any different.
Yes, some people have different diseases and so forth that might make the approach different, but ETERNAL TRUTHS are the same for EVERYONE!
I believe that even if some "expert" in some field tells me that something is impossible I can remember that my Heavenly Father sees my efforts and knows I am doing all I can do and He will make up the difference no matter what anybody else says is impossible.
Our Father is all about doing the "impossible", we just have to believe and do all that we know we can do.
There is nothing keeping me from having what I call a "Cindy" body except me. Me. How I envisioned me.
So, that's why Cindy is on my fridge with my face on her, it's because I need to see myself that way.
We move towards what we think about. I always thought of myself as I was, always saw what still needed changing, so, I stayed that way.
When I think of myself now, I see this picture, so now, I will naturally move in that direction.
SO, 40 pounds in 100 days.
I have ninety-eight days and 37 pounds to go.
6 comments:
You go girl! You can do it!
Good for you Naomi!! You will do it, I know it!!! You're such an inspiration!!
Hey, it's been forever since I've seen you. Very motivational! It's not easy, but you can do it!! One tip I've learn, don't try and lose it too fast. Easier said then done I know! It took me about 18 months to lose 55 pounds, but I've kept it off. =) You can do it though!
P.S. This Laura Woolley, you were in our ward when I lived with my in-laws.
Amen sister!!! I loved what you wrote here. I agree that people can change and be the kind of person they want to be physically/emotionally/spiritually, etc. It took me a long time to have the body I wanted to have and one that I finally felt comfortable in. I too used to think that I could never have the kind of body other girls had. I was once 30 lbs heavier than I am now.
I've found that eating right (I don't eat fast food, junk food or prepared foods) and consistently exercising have helped me maintain my weight and made me feel so much better about myself. I know you can do it Naomi. Just keep your goal in mind, and don't get discouraged, especially if you don't meet your goal in the time frame you want. You go girl!!!
keep up the good work naomi! I totally KNOW that you can do it! That's awesome you're doing this. you've inspired and motivated me to not give up either. :)
Way to go Naomi! You should be a motivational speeker! I am going to get fit now too! Can you post pictures of yourself everyweek to see the progress?
Post a Comment