A couple of weeks ago, our little family took a trip to Nevada to spend some time with my parents. Nevada has some beautiful spots to see! On this particular day, we decided to go to Leheman's Cave (by the way don't think I spelled the poor man's name right, so I hope you and Leheman can forgive me). Leheman's Caves are huge and one cannot just waltz right on in. You need a tour guide. Well, we got to the Cave at 11:15a.m. Fifteen minutes late, and the next tour wasn't until 3:00p.m. so what were we to do?
Luckily, we had already planned on a hike that day, so we just switched up our plans and went hiking before the cave instead of after:)
The original plan was to drive to a trail that lead up to the peak and Glacier Lake, however, as you can see the road was closed, but we were given permission to walk so that's what we did.
Phew! Elevation 8500 feet! We felt a little winded. But, we were just getting started!
Oh, how I love snow! The boys even saw yellow snow so you know the lesson the boys learned that day, say it with me, "Don't eat yellow snow!"
Here's Evey with her daddy.
I love catching these moments (if you didn't already know that about me).
Derek was sweet and let Tai out of the stroller and allowed him to walk a bit.
It didn't take too long before we decided Tai needed to be put back in the stroller. His cute little legs just didn't quite keep him up to speed:)
These are cute little bunny tracks! They were so tiny!! So cute:)
I just could see a cute little jack rabbit, hoppity hop hop!
Seriously, that incline doesn't look like much here but let me tell yah, when pushing a double stroller at that elevation, we were a huffin' and a puffin'.
Dad trying to call out to some animal. I got scared that something would actually come and said "Dad, if something really does come, you're in big trouble!" He laughed and then he stopped.
My dad is a nature man. We love him for it!
Well, this is where the hike ended. We obviously didn't make it to the peak or even the trail, but we made it to over 9000 ft. and I don't think any of us would have had it any different.
No comments:
Post a Comment