Now if you've ever been to McGill you'd know that it is the PERFECT little town to go trick or treating in.
It's got a sort of ghost town feel.
Tons of buildings are boarded up and everything has an old sort of look.
Well, growing up we used to come here and visit my grandparents and all too often I would get scared out of my skin listening to my late Uncle Richard's Ghost stories!
I can't tell you how many night's I laid awake praying the ghosts from the old Indian ground or the Lady with the Golden something or other wouldn't come and take me away.
All you Munson kids out there know what I am talking about!!
I don't give these stories justice by the way I am describing them but believe me.......
Needless to say, McGill Nevada will always have a real ghost town feel to me.
Well, now my children get to visit their grandparents here and get a taste of the old town.
Ethan was of course Optimus Prime!
And we're OFF!
Evey did a lot of chillin' and chewin':)
Tai and Buki did a lot of Trickin' and Treatin'!
Well, this next picture shows little circle thingys on it. I don't know what those are. They showed up on lots of my pictures (I just deleted them).
This one I saved.
I asked my dad what the little circles were and I suppose in the spirit of halloween he felt the answer needed to be,
"They're ghosts."
Now, usually I wouldn't believe him however, when we went to Gettysburg a few years ago we went to this spot where if you take a picture, the picture doesn't turn out.
They say it's because the ghost of one of the soldiers is angry at photographers.
You see, in the Civil War there were photographers that would move the dead soldiers around to make their photos more dramatic, after the photo was taken, the photographer would move the body back to it's original spot out of respect for the dead. In this instance though, the photographer forgot to move the body back. His picture turned out, but no one else's has ever since.
Instead of a picture of a rock, you get a gray color and lots of little circles all over it.
Circles like the ones you see here.
Now, I don't think we had ghosts trick or treating with us but, it is McGill.
And if there were I believe they were very nice and happy ghosts because I didn't get scared once.
Evey and daddy had fun together.
He sure loves his little monkey.
Tai Tai was a very good little ninja.
Don't you hate how yah gotta wear your jacket over your whole costume?
Grandma was sweet and gave each kid a pumpkin necklace that lit up and a little flashlight.
Tai's was green and Buki's was blue.
This is Ethan, Tai, and Evey's Great Grandma and Grandpa Munson!
We've been getting to see a lot of them lately, it's been awesome!
It's kind of fun for us to share some similar childhood memories.
Evey got all tuckered out!
After it was all over....... They came home.
Cold, happy, and with filled up pumpkins.
P.S. A video will come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment