Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Feel Like Blogging Again

Today, the desire has come back to me to blog.  I really want to blog right now.  I don't want to do horrendously long posts, but I do want to catch up on our lives.  Life is crazy, I sort of have a feeling like it always will be, but along this road we call life, I find it so good to be able to see the Lords hand so many times touching our lives.  I feel blessed.  

I am in no means a perfect person or mother.  It makes me sad sometimes when I realize just how far I still have to go.  Just yesterday, I was yelling at the kids and when Derek came home (after he had some time to decompress from work) I cried and told him how sad I felt and all the things that happened that day, and all the things that went wrong....  He's such a sweetheart.  He totally listened and then gave me a blessing.  The Lord is so forgiving, so understanding, so ready and willing to forgive and give encouragement.  I am so thankful for the priesthood power that is in our home, and thankful for a man who is worthy to hold it and share the blessings that come because of it.  As previously stated, yesterday was a rough day, but it taught me a few things about myself and my kids.  I suppose that is why we have days like that.  Otherwise, what would we know?  I realized once again, the truth that we are given the children we have so we can learn lessons only our children could teach.  We have our specific children because we knew before we came to earth that we would have hard times, but we would, if we didn't quit, become the people we came here to be.  Over time, we would be perfected!  Glorious.  

I really do love having our children.  The road is so not easy, but it is so worth the trip!  Lately Evey has  been totally into cooking with me.  She's always enjoyed baking with grandma, but since I'm not much of a baker, she's taken to cooking with me and it has been such a great experience!  I LOVE cooking with Evey.  She always says the funniest things and she's super willing to help out with whatever.  Here's a couple of our creations:






We made stuffed bell peppers (which were awesome by the way) and a tomato and cheese salad.  She is so cute.  She loved the bell peppers and called them "DELICIOUS!"  ;)
Tai could have done without them, but everyone else seemed to enjoy them.  :)  He liked the stuff inside the bell peppers though!  
Tai is about ready to be a first grader!  And he is just as sweet as ever.  He loves holding Elle and is really good with her.  He's getting so much better at helping around the house.  He is very into playing Zelda right now, and sure wishes I'd change my rules about how much (or how little) he can play, but he is willing to work hard for extra time to play.  We are proud of you Tai!  Even if you don't like eating your vegetables! :)  And thank you for your smiles, love, and patience! You're an amazing fellow! 



I've also had some fun playing with Evey's hair.  I was not having any inspiration on how to do anything with her hair except pigtails so I watched a couple of youtube videos and got some inspiration.  Here's a bow made out of just her hair:


And this is her hair after the day was through.  
Very Evey.  
I love it.  





So, what has been happening around here this summer?
A lot of baby holding!  And baby watching!  It's the best!

I don't know how old sweet baby Noelle is, but I would guess one month.

This one was taken just last week.  She is four months old now.  Yes, I want to cry a little.
Wow.  I really REALLY love her!
  Just recently, the annual Lake Powell trip happened.  Ethan, Callen, Elle and I stayed at my parent's house while Daddy, Tai and Evey had a really great time!  We had a great time too though.  :)



After Lake Powell was over, we met back up with daddy, Tai and Evey but Ethan decided to stay with Mountain Grandma and Grandpa.  He was there for almost three whole weeks!  It was crazy to know we had another child somewhere else, but it was a great experience for him, and Tai and Evey were able to step up their game in being bigger helpers around the house.
We were proud of Ethan.  He is trying his best to earn his way to Japan next year.  Derek and I are going to go again but we are planning to take him with us this time.  He is determined to pay his own way.  We told him we would cover it, but when this kid gets his mind wrapped around something, there is no stopping him.  So, I figure hey, it will be a great learning lesson for him, and if he works hard for it, all the better.  Can you imagine what that would do for his self-esteem if he really does do it?  He'll know that when you put your mind to something, even if your only seven/eight years old, it can be done.
What a marvelous lesson to learn so young.
He's totally going to do it.  You know how I know?
He's already earned $320.
I didn't have that kind of cash when I was seven.
You want to know how he did it so far?
Jobs around the house, rubbin' people's backs (he's into chiropractic and massage therapy right now).  When we went to the beach house for our family reunion, he was giving people massages and they would pay him.  He's awesome.
Then, when we was at my parents house, there were times when he had to go to work with my mom.  You know what he did?  He talked to the boss at Bath Lumber and got a job!!
He worked there for a few days and actually got paid!  I was so proud of his bravery and determination.  He did such a great job.  On his last day the office bought doughnuts and gave him a chocolate milk as a sort of going away party and present.  They asked him what kind of doughnut he would like to have and he said a sprinkle one.  They made sure to buy a sprinkled one just for him.  Oh, my heart is smiling.  What good and kind people. 
Anyway, a kid with that kind of determination will reach his goals.  I have no doubt at all.
This is our reunion!  We missed him as you can tell!



Anyway, back to Noelle.  
She is the most darling and sweet baby.  She is purity and joy.  Sometimes it physically hurts to put her down for a nap because she makes my heart sing to just look at her.  Her smile is contagious and it lights up our lives in ways I can't even describe.  I have not yet been able to capture her biggest smiles on camera yet, but here's a small glimpse of one.  My favorite part about her smile is how she gets so happy that she brings her legs up to her chest and pulls her arms in, almost like she can't handle all the joy she feels.  I love it so much!!  Some day I will catch that on camera!!  She is simple beautiful inside and out!!


She's always awake when I go to get her from her nap, and she's usually playing with her toes.  She always gives me a big smile when I get her,  so the day I took this, I was prepared.  I got the camera ready and when I saw her, I took the picture.  This is one of my most favorite pictures of her!  I think it's funny, she likes her quite time in her crib.  Who wouldn't?  All the love she gets around here, it can get a tad overwhelming.  ;)
She is four months old now and has graduated to this toy.  We've had it with every baby.  So sad she's old enough to be in it, but so happy she's happy and learning and growing.  She started rolling from her belly to her back this last month and found her toes.  Three months old was fun! Four months should be even more fun.
Dang she's cute.

Well, Callen has been learning and growing as well.  He sure still wishes he was a baby, but I think he is starting to except his fate.  We are still finding the time to cuddle and have fun...
Today he told his daddy, "I like your haircut!"
What two year old notices those kinds of things and then says it out loud?  I couldnt believe it.
Daddy felt so loved! :)
For Derek's birthday we made hearts with sayings about what we loved about daddy.  Not expecting anything to crazy out of Callen, I asked him what he liked about daddy, he said, "He's a good man!"
Seriously, my children never cease to amaze me.  Am I bragging?
Yes, yes I am.  



And what better time and place to eat a popsicle than summertime in the bath tub?













1 comment:

The Over Family said...

Great post, Naomi! You are such a wonderful mother! I have hard days all of the time where I go crazy, cry, and really don't think that I can possibly handle or trust myself to have another kid (and I only have 3!!). You truly amaze me with your strength and stamina mothering your FIVE adorable kids. You really are such a great Mom and I know that you are teaching your kids the things that are the most important. We can all learn a thing or two from you -- even if you don't believe it, you are a good example in so many ways and someone that I want to try and emulate in my own life. Thanks for sharing!!! :)